Surname Saturday - Yurmanovich/Urman

I have been unable to locate a definition of the last name of Yurmanovich.  I do know that my husbands family originated in Croatia.  Frank Yurmanovich changed his name to Urman on December 20, 1938 when he became  a citizen of the United States.  Frank was born December 29, 1907, the son of Theresa Geboy and Marko Yurmanovich.

Frank married Ivana Marie Drvaric in Milwaukee, Wisconsin on February 9, 1929.  They were the parents of  Robert Urman, father of my husband Gary.

Comments

Phyllis Coleman said…
My Grandfather was Marko Yurmanovic born april 25 1896 in Croatia,Yugoslavia,Austria area.
He came to the United States at the age of 16 in 1912 When he came to this country he had his name changed to Romanish. I have been searching for any relatives. I think he had 2 sisters in the old country but not sure any leads will be greatly appreciated you can email me at phyljell241@aol.com my name is Phyllis Coleman Elliott

Popular posts from this blog

Poundstone Family death certificates

Tucson History - St. Mary’s Hospital and Sanitarium