Ordering a Naturalization File on line

Well I finally ordered Frank Urman's naturalization file today.  The whole process was painless and quick.  I just typed in the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services web address - www.uscis.gov, searched for genealogy requests, hit the button on the right that said online request and after filling out a few answers my request was made.  Luckily I have Frank's original naturalization certificate so that I did not need to spend extra money on a search request.  The cost of the file was $20, not a bad amount for the information possibilities the file may contain.  The whole process took less than 10 minutes.  The government does appear to be back logged with requests - currently they are working on requests from December but I can wait.

Here is hoping that in a few months I can further my research of Frank.  Frank officially changed his name from Frank Yurmanovich to Urman during the citizenship process.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poundstone Family death certificates

Tucson History - St. Mary’s Hospital and Sanitarium

52 Ancestors: #1 William Adolph Emil Skibbe