52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History: Golden Bear Resturant

Week 16. Restaurants. What was your favorite local restaurant as a child? Where was it located, and what was your favorite meal? Did you know the staff personally? What is your favorite restaurant now?

Growing up in the suburbs of Chicago we often went out for breakfast on Sundays.  I remember as a teenager going to a German Restaurant that had a buffet - I don't recall the name but they had great food. My parents stuck to buffets to keep my teenage brothers never ending hunger at bay.

My fondest memories are from when my brother and I were young and our parents would take us Golden Bear Pancake Restaurant.  The best part of the place was the plethora of syrups they had available at the table.  They had boysenberry, strawberry, apricot, peach, blueberry and many more flavors - a great for someone who was allergic to Maple.  The pancakes were delicious.  I think the pancakes also came with sausage.

I remember having Golden Books about bears at the time that Mom would read to us.  I think the bear's name was Honey Bear - I am not sure if the books and the restaurants had anything to do with each other - I just associate the two together for some reason.
  
I really don't have a favorite place to eat nowadays.  My husband and I have been trying different places for fun around town.  We have eaten Ethiopian food, found a few new pizza places,  tried a few burger places, and enjoyed some Mexican here in Tucson. We'll just keep on trying to find a favorite!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poundstone Family death certificates

Tucson History - St. Mary’s Hospital and Sanitarium

52 Ancestors: #1 William Adolph Emil Skibbe