Saturday, October 8, 2011

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Your Genealogy Database Statistics

Saturday Night!  Time for more Genealogy Fun! This prompt is brought to the genealogy community by Randy Seaver at

Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to:
1)  If you have your family tree research in a Genealogy Management Program (GMP), whether a computer software program or an online family tree, figure out how to find how many persons, places, sources, etc. are in your database (hint:  the Help button is your friend!).
2)  Tell us which GMP you use, and how many persons, places, sources, etc. are in your database(s) today in a blog post of your own, in a comment to this blog post, or in a Facebook status or Google+ stream comment.

I use RootsMagic software.  This is my cleaned out version of my research.  I pruned limbs that I had no verification on.  I did save that information in other databases in RootsMagic.

My Research Database:

*  People: 3373
*  Families:  672
*  Events: 3535
*  Alternate names: 381
*  Places: 597
*  Sources: 570
*  Citations: 2734
*  Repositories: 63
*  To-do tasks: 155
*  Multimedia items: 663
*  Multimedia links: 766
*  Addresses: 19
*  Correspondence: 2

No comments: