Family Recipe Friday - Snickerdoodles

1 c. soft shortening (half butter, half margarine or Crisco works best)
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 3/4 c. flour
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tbsp. sugar

Mix shortening, sugar and eggs thoroughly. Mix flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt. Stir all ingredients. Form into balls the size of a small walnut. Roll balls in mixture of 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon. Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400 for 8 to 10 minutes.

These are my younger kids favorites cookies.  I don't mind having these around because I am never tempted to eat them - it seems that any recipe with cream of tarter in it makes me sick to my stomach.  

Comments

My favorite, too! I'll have to try this recipe...

Popular posts from this blog

Poundstone Family death certificates

Tucson History - St. Mary’s Hospital and Sanitarium