Santa, Matt and Me 1967

Matt, Santa and Amy 1967
Thought I would share a picture of my brother and I with Santa.  The picture was taken 1967 at Randhurst Mall located in Mount Prospect, Illinois.  Randhurst built in 1967, the first enclosed regional mall in the Chicagoland area and the first air conditioned space in the United States.  I remember the statues of the penguins we played on and the dance classes I attended in the basement floor of the mall.  The mall has been through a dramatic change.  The last time I visited Illinois I drove right by it, no longer a single mall under one roof, it has been renamed Randhurst Villiage with numerous business in an open space design.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poundstone Family death certificates

Tucson History - St. Mary’s Hospital and Sanitarium