Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Mystery Monday - Two Z's or Not two Z's -Drezdon or Drezdzon



Two Z's or not two Z's - that is the question.  My mother-in-law swears her maiden name has always been spelled Drezdon.  I have been tracing  her line back and searching for any and all for clues.  Starting with her - last name spelled Drezdon on her birth certificate.  Obituary for her father George  spelled Drezdon.  George's birth certificate Drezdzon - father's name on the same certificate spelled  Josef Drzdzon.  George's death certificate Drezdon.   George's father- Joseph - birth record spelled Drezdzon.  Joseph's World War I draft registration card Drezdzon; old man draft Drezdon.  Census records for Joseph 1910 and 1920 - Drezdzon.  Census records for John - 1910 -Drezdzon.  St. Adalbert Cemetery in Milwaukee lists Joseph and John with the last name of Drezdon.  I am thinking that my next search should be on John Drezdzon or Drezdon to locate his naturalization records.  I should also track down the church the families attended, perhaps they can shed some light on the case of the double z's.


WWI draft
WWII draft

No comments: