Maxine Damery nee Clark 1926-2012

Maxine Damery passed away Sunday, March 18, 2012, in her home. She was born Maxine Elizabeth Clark on June 17, 1926 at Milmine, IL, the daughter of Otis E. Clark and Ruby P. Poundstone Clark. 


For some reason saying goodbye to her always made me cry.  I think I cried more as I got older, each year just seemed a little harder to leave her.  No doubt I will be crying this Thursday and Friday saying goodbye for the last time.


I am so happy that I had the chance to spend some special time with her.  One of my favorite times visiting was when my daughters Juliana and Claire and I took her to Rockome Gardens in Arcola, Illinois.  I walked into the barn and Maxine was leaning against one of the horses talking to it.  I took the picture above on that visit.  Of course, when I had the camera ready she wasn't hugging and talking to the horse but I sure am glad to have the picture I took.  I am also glad that my children had a chance to visit with her.     I bought tickets for a ride in the carriage and I just remember the smile on her face.  Such a simple thing and such a wonderful memory.


I love you Aunt Maxine, I'll see you in heaven.



Comments

Nancy said…
I'm so sorry for your loss. It is a beautiful photograph, one to treasure.
So sorry for your loss. I know you will always treasure your times together.

Popular posts from this blog

Poundstone Family death certificates

Tucson History - St. Mary’s Hospital and Sanitarium