A Little Saturday Night Fun with Randy Seaver of Genea-Musing

Saturday Night Fun with Randy Seaver of Genea-Musing join in! Please see Randy's post at http://www.geneamusings.com/2015/09/saturday-night-genealogy-fun-fifth.html

   


Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Fifth Grade Memories


Here is your assignment if you choose to play along: 


1)  Remember when you were 10 or 11 years old and in fifth grade at school?  Was that one of the best times in your life?  Or not?


2)  Tell us about your fifth grade memories and the highlights of that time of your life - in your own blog post, in a comment to this blog post, or on Facebook or Google+.

Here's mine:

Forest View Elementary School

Fifth grade was attended at Forest View Elementary in Mount Prospect, Illinois.  I was in Mr. Michaels' class.  I was a crossing guard along with John Cerza - we jointly helped at our intersection.  I thought 5th grade was the best for the most part.  I think I was the only girl that had to wear a bra and had a heads up on "the body talk" that we had to attend.  I used to hang out with a girls named Adele, Mary Fredrickson, and Kelly Bankson.  Boys were of course ok but not great.  I loved writing book reports and Mr. Michaels loved assigning book reports - I was happy.  It is also the year I started to learn how to sew, cook and bake.  I made rag dolls, did embroidery, and loved anything to do with horses.  I rode English at a stable nearby.  I did not like getting chased on the playground but I did enjoy my teacher and most of my fellow studnets.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poundstone Family death certificates

Tucson History - St. Mary’s Hospital and Sanitarium

52 Ancestors: #1 William Adolph Emil Skibbe